February 26, 2017
(This single line represent single repetition of my Auto-suggestion (or Prayer). There are currently 126 days in this photo and can record upto 143 days.)
- Auto-Suggest Daily: Since more than last 6 months or so, I have been regularly auto-suggesting. Currently I auto-suggest 3 times in the morning, just after waking up and three times in the evening, after my dinner.
In the beginning I used to do it for 100 times a day but thinking it was unsustainable and time consuming, I started to reduce it and reached this point.
So, what’s the benefit:
- Gives me the right mindset: Well, I can’t give you exact direct proof but I believe it has made tremendous effect on me unconsciously. In past I used to exercise and meditate but they were irregular, I used to do it for few months and leave it, again start after few months and again leave it after sometimes. But since last +6 months or so, I have been exercising, meditating and bathing with cold water daily. The only different thing this time is: I have been auto-suggesting daily. I believe I have been literally programming myself.
- Acts as Trigger: This is the first thing I do daily after waking up. It’s easy, I don’t feel resistance just repeat the same phrases, quotes, principles and goal everyday three times. I don’t even have to look at copy, I have memorized them. This prepares me for exercising. I exercise right after auto-suggesting. In the book Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg, he says habit contains Trigger-Routine-Reward. Auto-suggesting is the trigger for me to exercise. It’s so automatic. (Auto-Suggest) – (Exercise) – (Meditate) – (Clean the Room) – (Bath with Cold Water) – (Plan Ahead) – (Start Working)………………..It’s getting more and more automatic and becoming strong habit.
(Well, this one is little bit old, about 26 days old, currently I have replaced “Practice Typshala” with “Create a Video”. Moreover I write the same thing everyday, I am just trying to form a habit and it works. I have also created my own Youtube Channel and doing pretty well:Waytolive.co
(I write the Part “Things I am grateful for” and “Things I can be in Future” only at night after auto-suggesting. )
- Plan A Day Ahead: Just after bathing with cold water, I write these plans in my notebook everyday, I have been doing this thing since couple of months. It has given me better focus and differentiate between what is important and what is not. I believe it’s also programming and reinforcing myself myself to do what I want to do.
- I believe in “Fake it Till you Make it.”
These are just some of my best of the best habit that can be followed within 5–10 minutes.
If you are interested more in my other habits I am trying to develop then you can go to my link: My Daily Routine: Part 1
This is just the part of my journaling and saving my life in words. I hope I inspired you.
Originally it was posted in Quora as “Simple things to follow which takes less than 5 minutes.”.